Your trip aboard a Moon Shadow Sailing vessel will begin with introductions, a boat tour and safety instructions. Given good weather your captain will take the vessel under the Duluth Aerial Lift Bridge and out onto Lake Superior. If the conditions on the lake are unfavorable, the captain will sail in the Duluth-Superior Harbor. Our sunset cruises are out for about 3.5 hours and our Lake Superior experiences are on the water for approximately 2.5 hours.
We want your Moon Shadow Sailing experience to be the absolute best it can be; so we thought we’d give you an overview of what you should bring on your Lake Superior sailing adventure as well as some tips and information for your trip.
- Comfy rubber-soled shoes.
- Casual, easy-to-layer, comfortable clothing.
- Rain gear
- A fleece jacket, sweatshirt, hoodie, wind breaker, etc. It is frequently windy on the water and evenings get chilly even in the summer time.
- A camera
- Hats and even scarves and mittens.
- BYOB. We provide ice chests for guests’ beverages. We request that alcohol be used in moderation.
- Due to potential staining, no red wine please
- Snacks or sandwiches, you are more than welcome to bring food onboard. For the Sunset Cruise we provide a smoked fish and homemade cheese platter from Northern Waters Smokehaus
Have Children Who Are Joining You Aboard?
- Writing journal
- Card games
- Crossword, Find-a-word, or other type word games/puzzles.
- A favorite stuffed animal, pillow, or blanket.
Tips & Important Information
- Lend a helping hand! Guests are encouraged to participate fully in the operation of our sailboats. Your captain will provide the instruction that you need.
- Soft-sided coolers and bags only
- Descend stairs BACKWARDS. Your chest should be facing the stairs with your hands on the rails.
- Allergies. If you have food allergies, severe reactions to insect bites, or other important health concerns, PLEASE inform your captain before you board.
- Safety is our priority. Please listen carefully to your captain’s instructions and directions. His/her goal is to make your experience safe and enjoyable.
- You are not alone. Though we strive to make everyone feel special and cared for on our cruises, you are not the only person aboard. Please respect your fellow sailors.
- Politeness, decorum, and compassion go a long way.
If you have any questions or special requests please feel free to call us at 218-590-2528 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org